1.Procedure for Receiving Certified Documents
When you need to submit a certificate issued by our university to your home country, you sometimes need to have it certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or an embassy in Japan. It is the approval process to prove that your graduation certificate or academic taranscript is an official document in foreign countries as well.
When you must submit documents after you return home, please confirm with the submitting destination whether you need a certificate of graduation, academic transcript with grades, certificate of completion, etc. beforehand. Please inquire about the attestation of the method at the consulate general of the home country, or other place, and follow the procedure.
The time required for this procedure differs by country. For the certificate of graduation and the certificate of completion, you must first request the Educational Affairs Division to issue them. Please plan your schedule for returning home after confirming the period necessary for such procedures.
2.Before Leaving Japan
Before leaving Japan, some procedures are necessary. Please check the following list. You can contact the International Students Section of the International Division Office for details of the procedure.

・Inform your academic advisor and the International Students Section when you leave Japan and tell them your contact address in your home country.
・Inform the dormitory office or the landlord of your moving date. Cancel and Pay outstanding rent and utility charges (electricity, water, and gas).
・Return your National Health Insurance card and notification card (My Number) to the City Hall and settle your accounts.
・Cancel the contracts (phone, internet, credit card, etc) in Japan.
・Close your bank account if you are no longer using it to make payments or withdrawals.
・Return your residence card at an airport when you leave Japan.