If your home university has concluded a student exchange program agreement with Nara Women's University, you are eligible to study or research at NWU for up to one year. You will begin to study at NWU from April 1st or October 1st. If you wish to apply for the program, please contact the division dealing with international affairs at your home university.
Nara Women's University runs on a two-semester system.
First (Spring) Semester: From April 1st to September 30th
Second (Fall) Semester: From October 1st to March 31st
|Academic Calendar for 2023
|Beginning of Spring semester
|April 4th - 10th
|University Anniversary Day
|End of the classes of Spring semester
|August 4th - September 30th
|September 25th - 29th
|End of Spring semester
|Beginning of Fall semester
|October 2nd - 5th
|Class registration (for students enroll from October)
|December 27th - January 3rd
|End of the classes of Fall semester
|February 10th - March 31st
|End of Year holidays
|End of Fall semester
- 1.School expenses (Entrance examination fee, Entrance fee and Tuition)
- Exchange students from our partner universities are exempted from the entrance examination fee, entrance fee and tuition.
- 2.Living costs
- Room fee (Dormitory)
International House: 5,900 yen, Interanational Student House: 4,700 yen/month
10,000 -- 20,000 yen/month
20,000 -- 30,000 yen/month
10,000 -- 30,000 yen/month
Since these costs (except for the room fee) vary from person to person, use the above as a budgeting guideline only.
There are two university dormitories available for international students. The International House is exclusively for international students and researchers and Japanese students in the master's course, while the International Student House is open to both international and Japanese students.
Both dormitories are located near campus, offering easy access. Please notify us on the NWU application form if you hope to have a room in either of these dormitories. We will make every effort to ensure a single room for each exchange student.
The application must be submitted through your home university. If you wish to apply for the student exchange program, you should contact the division or office dealing with the international affairs.
- yNecessary documentsz
- 1.Application form for Nara Women's University (6 pages) ( Word j
- 2.Four photos (W:3cm x L:4cm)*including one used for the application form. They should be taken within 6 months before admission and no photo editing.
- 3.Transcript with grades (at home university)
- 4.Certificate of Enrollment / Studentship (at home university)
- 5.Health Certificate
*It should be issued within a year before enrolling in NWU. A certificate issued by university is acceptable.
*In addition to the usual health checkup items (e.g. height, weight, eyesight, hearing.), please have an X-ray and blood test.
- 6.Recommendation Letter
- 7.Certificate of Japanese language ability(A copy of results of Official Japanese Language Proficiency Examination or a letter from a Japanese language instructor.)
- 8.Copy of the applicant's passport(photo page, pages of past visits to Japan and past Japanese visas)
- 9.Curriculum Vitae( Word j
¦Please manage to make it into one page.
- 10.Financial statement
(This document is required to prove a student can meet her/his living expenses during her/his stay in Japan. A certificate issued from a bank which proves the existance of the financial supporter's (as mentioned on the application) bank account, the account number and the balance is acceptable.)
¦It should be issued within 6 months before admission.
- 11.Checklist( PDF )
- yApplication deadlinez
- For enrollment in April, 2024: October 31, 2023
For enrollment in October, 2024: April 12, 2024
- yAll these documents should be submitted to / Contactz
*Please email us scanned documents by the deadline. After checking the scanned documents, we will ask your coordinator to post paper documents.
- International Students Section, International Division Nara Women's University
Kitauoya Higashimachi, Nara-city, 630-8506 Japan