Nara Women` s University has International Student House and International House as accommodations for international students. For foreign researchers, the university has International House and NWU Nara House. For details on these accommodations, contact International Division.
- Nara Women's University INTERNATIONAL HOUSE
- The International House of Nara Women's University is a residence hall for foreign researchers and international students who are working and studying at Nara Women's University. It has several facilities including residence rooms, meeting rooms, a computer room, and a lounge. It has 40 single rooms, 2 rooms for couples and 2 rooms for families.
Kitakouji-cho, Nara, 630-8252 Japan
- yResidence Qualificationsz
1.Foreigners and their families who are engaging in teaching and/or research at Nara Women's University.
2.Foreign students and their families who are enrolled in Nara Women's University.
3.Those others approved by the Director.
Type of Apartment Number of room single scholar A 3 rooms single scholar B 1 room married scholar 1 room family scholar 1 room single student 36 rooms married student 1 room family student 1 room
- yPeriod of Residencez
The permitted period of residence is one and a half years maximum.
yRents and Chargesz
1. Researcher's Rents
Type of Apartment Rent(per month) Rent(per day) single researcher A 7,500 yen 250 yen single researcher B 7,800 yen 260 yen married researcher 21,000 yen 700 yen family researcher 29,700 yen 990 yen
2. Student's Rents
Type of Apartment Rent (per month) single student 5,900 yen married student 11,900 yen family student 14,200 yen
- International Student House
- The university has a residence hall, the International Student House, which has 158 rooms for Japanese students and 32 rooms for international students.
All of the rooms are furnished with desks, chairs, beds, bookshelves, and bathrooms. The kitchenette where residents can cook is equipped with a sink, cooking table, and microwave oven.
- NWU Nara House
- NWU Nara House was recently opened to provide lodging for foreign researchers. The building was originally purchased in 1934 as the president's residence, but has been redesigned and refurnished as a lodging facility for foreign researchers and university visitors promoting international relations, and may also be used for other activities relating to international exchange. The building is a wooden bungalow with a tile roof originally built in the "Taisho romantic" style, and at the time of remodeling the building, great care was taken to preserve the integrity of the traditional Japanese-style atmosphere and fixtures within the framework of modern architecture. The building is a 10 minute walk from the university. There are 5 private rooms, each with a bath and toilet.
International Exchange Section, International Division
Nara Women's University
Kitauoya-higashimachi, Nara, 630-8506 Japan
TELF +81-742-20-3747 / FAXF +81-742-20-3309