The rules and regulations pertinent to education and research are mentioned in gNara Womenfs University School Regulations,h and in each facultyfs regulations.
All students are required to understand these regulations. The regulations are mentioned in gCampus Lifeh so you should read them carefully and comply with them.
2.Notices and Information for Students
Notices and information for international students are set up on the bulletin board in front of the International Division and the university bulletin board ( to the east of the Academic Information Center ) , Educational Affairs Division, and the Student Support Division. Bulletin boards are also set in each classroom. International students should check them regularly.
Announcements from the International Exchange Center and the International Division are also posted on the website.
3.Student Identification Card
The Educational Affairs Division issues identification cards upon admission.
International students should follow the procedures to receive their identification cards and are required to carry them at all times.
4.Confirmation for Registered students
At the International Division, we must confirm the status of registered students in order to give them appropriate guidance and support so that we can prevent them from being disadvantaged.
Please come and see the person in charge at the International Students Section of the International Division, and sign the register book once a month. At that time, we will confirm whether there is any change in the information on your written report. Please cooperate with us in this.
Certificates are issued by either the automatic certificates machines or directly at the related divisions. Certificates are issued immediately by the automatic machine, whereas if you request a certificate at the counter, it will take about three working days for Japanese certificates, and about ten working days for English (excluding weekends, and year-end and New Year holidays) since the day of request.
The automatic certificate machines are on the 2nd floor of Building F. The certificates issued at the machines are those in (1) below. Note that the machines run only during the office hours of the Educational Affairs Division. The certificates issued at the counters and the divisions in charge of them are those in (2).
(1) Issued by the automatic certificate machines (Regular students only)
Certificate (Japanese) Notes
Certificate of Enrollment  
Certificate of Scheduled Graduation After April of the final year
Certificate of Scheduled Completion Except doctoral course
Available after April of the final year
Student Discount Certificate Limited to 20 copies per academic year per person
Certificate of Health Check Those who took universityfs health check can have it issued after the end of May .
(2) Issued at the Divisions
Certificate (Japanese or English) Divisions or Sections
Certificate of Enrollment Educational Affairs Division for each Faculty / Graduate School
Certificate of Scheduled Graduation
Certificate of Scheduled Completion
Certificate of Commutation
Certificate of Japanese Government Scholarship Students International Students Section of the International Division
Certificate of Scholarship Students
(1) Temporary Leave or Trips Abroad
When you temporarily leave Japan to return to your home country or travel abroad, you need to submit a gNotification of Temporary Leaveh to the International Students Section of the International Division. You should contact your academic advisor as well. When you leave Japan for more than one year, remember to receive a re-entry permit at the immigration office.
(2) Change of Contact Information
If your contact information such as address or phone number changes, you need to notify the International Students Section, the Educational Affairs Division and your academic advisor.
7.Academic Information Center
A student Identification Card is required to use the Academic Information Center. To enter the center, you swipe your ID card through a bar-code reader at the entrance.
Books and documents in the center are available for lending and reading. Please confirm how to use them at the Service Desk.
Some computers at NWU require your ID number issued by the center. (You must attend a seminar about the internet security offered by the IT Support Desk in order to obtain the ID number) You can get your email address as well as the ID number. For further information, please contact the IT Support Desk.
About other services offered by Academic Information Center, please check the website below.
Academic Information Center: http://www.nara-wu.ac.jp/aic/index_eng.html
Operating Hours
  Mon - Fri Sat Sun
When the university is in session 9:00 ` 21:00 10:00 ` 17:00 13:00 ` 17:00
During the spring and summer vacation 9:00 ` 17:00 10:00 ` 17:00 -
* IT Support Desk is open from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays

sCenter Closingst
ENational Holidays
EDuring summer closings of all university offices
EYear-end and New Year holidays
EThe day of national center test for university admissions
EThe day of individual academic achievement tests
ESundays during end-of-year holidays, summer holidays and spring holidays

Temporary closings and change of opening hours will be announced on the bulletin board at the center. You can check it on the center website as well.
8.Extracurricular Activities and Clubs
Various group activities meet on campus. They are a good opportunity to communicate with Japanese students. If there are any groups you are interested in, please contact them. Here is a list of the clubs
Athletic Clubs Aikido Club, Ice Skating Club, Balloon Club, Japanese Archery Club, Kendo Club, Tennis Club, Soccer Club, Swimming Club, Ski Club, Soft Tennis Club, Table Tennis Club, Naginata (Fauchard) Club, Basketball Club, Badminton Club, Volleyball Club, Handball Club, Dance Club, Modern Dance Club, Track and Field Club, Lacrosse Club
Cultural Clubs E.S.S. (English Speaking Society), Drama Club, Flower Arrangement Club, Competition-style Karuta (card game), Christian Students Club, Antique Study Club, Tea Ceremony Club, Photography Club, Calligraphy Club, Astronomy Club, Braille Translation Club, Nara Colle, Art Club, Literary Club, B-naRadio, Comic Study Club, Midori-gumi, Wakatake Volunteer Club (aids disabled children), Education Affair Study Club, Social Science Study Club
Music Music Club, Symphony Orchestra Club, Guitar and Mandolin Club, Light Music Club, Jazz Club, Wind Instruments Music Club, Koto (Japanese harp) Club, Noh Drama Club, Piano-Forte Club
Other Annual University Festival Committee
9.Events for International Students (annual schedule)
(1) Orientation for New Students (April, October)
Every year, an orientation mainly for the new international students is held. New students are encouraged to participate since important office procedures and notices that international students should know about are given in this orientation.

(2) Short Trips
Short trips are organized for international students to intermingle with Japanese students and provide an opportunity to understand Japanese culture and industry. The International Exchange Center organizes several short trips a year.

(3) Japanese Speech Contest by International Students (June)
A speech contest by international students is held once a year. The aim is to encourage the learning of Japanese, to promote international exchange, and to deepen the relationship among the participants. Around ten speakers will participate in the contest. Please take part and demonstrate to others your learning performance.

(4) Presidentfs Reception for International Students (June)
This event is to promote friendship between international students, teachers, staff, tutors, and outside groups giving support to international students. Details will be announced when the schedule is determined.

(5) Other
Other events will be carried out for international students. Announcements will be put on the bulletin board and the web site.