Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, MAHOROBA 2020 has been cancelled.
**Click on the image for more details!
Summer Program gMAHOROBA2020 eGlobalizationfh 7/6 - 7/16
Aiming to train internationally active pro-Japan female leaders, Nara Womenfs University conducts a summer program for students of Asian and Western partner universities with which it has student-exchange agreements.
This program is scheduled to be implemented in 2020 and will be conducted all in English.
Nara Womenfs University is located in Nara, having easy access to many World Heritage Sites including Todai-ji temple and Kofuku-ji temple, which means students have a wonderful opportunity of studying and experiencing traditional Japanese culture and Japanese history.
In this program, students will study and experience both traditional and modern Japanese culture through many lectures and various field works as well as interactions with NWU students, and will discuss the unique and universal aspects of Japanese culture by comparing it with their own culture.
- 1. Eligible applicants
- * Students from overseas partner universities listed below
EThe University of North Carolina at Greensboro
EUniversity of Leicester
EUniversity Paris Diderot-Paris 7
EEwha Womans University
EForeign Trade University (Hanoi)
EThe University of Languages and International Studies, Vietnam National University-Hanoi
ESeoul National University
EKatholieke Universiteit Leuven
EChiang Mai University
EUniversity of Graz
EThammasat University (Faculty of Science and Technology)
- 2. For Applicants (Students)
1. Fill in the application form (Form 1 Word/PDF)
2. Submit (Form 1 Word/PDF) to the responsible of your university (see the list; DO NOT directly apply to Nara Womenfs University) well in advance of the application deadline (4th February 2020)
Notes: A fixed number of candidates can be recommended to Nara Womenfs University by each university. In some cases, there is also an internal selection process within the university. Please be sure to verify matters with the person in charge at each respective university before submitting documents.
- 3. For the Responsible of a partner university
- - In order to send students to this program, it is necessary to conclude the short program agreement that is sent along with the program brochure and application.
- The number of students notified by Nara Womenfs University can be recommended. If more students want to participate, each university will be requested to select students.
- Collect Form 1 from all candidates of your university
- Check if all candidates completely filled in the form 1
- Check if all candidates are surely registered students with your university as of July 2020 (when MAHOROBA program is conducted).
- Fill in the collective application form(Form 2)
- Send Form 1 and 2 by the Email attachments to
(Please replace ** with @)
By 4th February 2020 (No belated application is accepted)
You will be informed of the selection results by Nara Womenfs University. Please notify each candidate. A short-term agreement from Nara Womenfs University will then be sent: please sign and return it.